News and Happenings image:
Why did you come to Kiawah? Was it for the or miles of pristine beach and bike trails, the beautiful rivers and marshlands, the lush natural vegetation, the abundant wildlife, the generations of memories your family has made here? Whatever the reason, the Kiawah
Conservancy is here to preserve and protect what you love about Kiawah Island.
The Conservancy was founded 1997 to maintaining the natural beauty and habitat of Kiawah Island. Since that time the Conservancy has focused on preserving properties, educating the public on the importance of preservation, fundraising, protecting natural habitats, and sharing with the world what a remarkable place Kiawah Island is.
In 2010 the Conservancy wrote its first multi-year strategic plan. Since then, we have:
- Continued to preserve natural lands (52 properties = 2,273 acres)
- Expanded our donor base (523 individual donors, 23 businesses, 25 foundations and trusts)
- Increased our annual operating budget (approximately $1 million)
- Increased our educational programing (40 programs annually)
- Communicated with over 14,000 people annually through our Naturally Kiawah magazines and electronic newsletters
- Interacted with thousands through social media and digital education programs.
- Produced numerous documentaries on some of Kiawah’s most iconic wildlife species.
Now, with more than 23 years of knowledge and experience under our belts, it’s the ideal time to chart a path forward and build on that momentum. Through our new 2030 Strategic Plan we are laying a foundation that will guide our growth as we strive to dramatically extend our reach and broaden our impact.
Join us in ensuring the natural beauty and ecological health of Kiawah Island is preserved for generations to come.