Did you know you could turn a pine cone into a bird feeder? That’s right! With just a pine cone, peanut butter, bird seed, and a piece of string, you can bring birds to your yard with this simple craft.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A big pine cone
- A piece of string, at least 1 foot long
- Peanut butter
- Bird seed
- Tie a secure knot around the base of your pine cone
- Smear peanut butter into your pine cone making sure to cover all sides of it and get in between the cracks
- Sprinkle the pine cone with plenty of bird seed
- Now it’s time to hang your bird feeder! To make sure all your birdy visitors are safe, remember to hang your feeder either within 3 feet of a window or more than 10 feet away from your window.
- And viola! Now all you have to do is wait for the birds to come flocking!