News and Happenings image:
Join us for the Kiawah Conservancy's 5th Annual Earth Day Celebration on April 18, 2019 from 4-6 PM at the Naturally Kiawah Demonstration Garden in Night Heron Park.
Protecting our species and preserving Kiawah's habitat is an important part of the Kiawah Conservancy's mission. Through a focus on research and education, the Conservancy encourages citizens to become leaders in environmental conservation for the benefit of all. Join us in celebrating what makes Kiawah Island so amazing!
At the Celebration:
- Meet and learn from representatives of the Lowcountry Marine Mammal Network, Kiawah Island Turtle Patrol, Conservancy Garden Keepers, and Charleston Collegiate Outdoor Program
- Learn about bird conservation efforts with the Kiawah Island Shorebird Stewardship and Town of Kiawah Island Bird Research Programs
- Get a feel for wildlife with the SC Aquarium Rovers Touch Tank and Creatures
- Enjoy an Art Walk with the Kiawah Art Guild or a Photography walk with the Kiawah Island Photography Club
- Take part in the Roots & Shoots Native Plant Sale and Rosebank Farms Farmers Market
- Take part in the ladybug releases in the garden and meet with Beekeeper Debbie Fisher
- Enjoy steel drum music by Mike Greer
- Learn about the Naturally Kiawah Pathways Self-Guided Tours using the TravelStorys App
- Pick up your free Earth Day reusable shopping bag.
- Children can meet Charley the Riverdog, and will enjoy a variety of crafts, games, jump castles, face painting, and much more!
The Conservancy’s Earth Day Celebration is a great opportunity to increase environmental awareness in our community. We encourage you to join us for this free, fun, family-oriented event and learn how you can make a difference.
Registration is not required for this FREE event.
**In the event of inclement weather the event will be cancelled.**